So one of the side affects of being on the fast diet is always having lots of tins of different beans in the cupboards. They are fantastic for filling you up and apparently packed with nutrition. Chickpeas are the current favourite chez moi and especially served up like this. I do warn you that they are addictive but so much better for you than eating crisps or salted peanuts. Great for a snack, sprinkled over a fresh salad or as a side dish.
- Crank up your oven as high as it will go!
- Drain a tin of chickpeas and pat gently with kitchen towel until bone dry.
- Place on a baking tray before spraying with a drop of rapeseed oil.
- Sprinkle over some smoked paprika, some salt and pepper.
- Roll the chickpeas around until fully covered.
- Place in oven and bake for thirty minutes or until crispy, shaking them once or twice.
- Eat hot or cold!