Lemon Posset Pots!

Summer has decided to eventually grace us with it’s presence and with it the possibility of outdoor cooking and maybe even some dining al fresco. When I have people coming over I love to have the starters and desserts fully prepared so I don’t miss out on any of the fun. This is a great prepare ahead dessert and has the perfect mix of sweet & tartness to keep everyone pleased. Provided they like lemons of course.

You will need;

600ml double cream
150g caster sugar
2 lemons, rind & juice

Bring the cream and sugar to the boil over a very low heat. Allow to boil for three minutes, then set aside to cool.

Once cooled whisk in the juice and zest of the lemons, pour into serving pots & chill for at least three hours.

I served these little pots with delicious lemon curd shortbreads. This recipe is originally from James Martin and you will find it here;

Share Button
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Lemon Posset Pots!

1. Anna says:

Looks lovely and simple which is a win/win thanks for sharing the idea Paula

2. Mental!!!! I just read that very recipe from James Martin. Thinking of making it for dessert tomorrow

3. Anonymous says:

Looks gorgeous! What if I only have pork instead of lemons?

4. patchefic says:

I love this dessert, i love James Martin, I love Paulaannryan…. :)

5. Anonymous says:

Love that you posted this need for my repertoire . Lemon= sunshine

6. Adrienne says:

Have been meaning to try lemon possets for ages, I have glass Glenillen yogurt pots saved especially for them too! Looks like such a simple recipe. Definitely agree it’s great to have as much as possible prepared in advance of having guests over. I have an open plan kitchen and hate when everyone is looking at me cooking!

7. Anonymous says: