I adore chocolate, dark, milk, white, flavoured, chunky or smooth, it doesn’t matter! When I read about the chocalong I thought, what a great excuse to combine two of my favourite things, baking and chocolate!! Continuing my fascination with all things tarty (no smart comments please!) I decided to do a Chocolate and Raspberry Tart, full of delicious high fat ingredients but i tend to focus on the high antioxidant levels of the dark chocolate, sure its practically a health food.
Chocolate and Raspberry Tart
1/2 a quantity of Jamie Olivers sweet shortcrust pastry (see Sweet Tooth post for recipe)
250g good dark chocolate
250ml cream, whipped
250g mascarpone cheese
2 egg whites, whipped till standing in peaks
Punnet of raspberries
- Line a tart tin with the pastry and cook blind for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Melt the chocolate gently in a bowl over boiling water then take off heat.
- Add cream and mascarpone and mix well before folding in egg whites.
- Pour chocolate mixture into cooled pastry case and arrange raspberries on top!
- Allow to set in fridge before slicing and serving with cream. Enjoy!!